RED NOSE DAY RAISED OVER £700 SO WELL DONE ALL.
25 March 2015
JUST A REMINDER TO PARENTS THAT FROM 1 APRIL DINNER MONEY WILL BE £2.05 PER DAY, £10.25 PER WEEK. PAYMENT CAN BE MADE BY THE WEEK TERM OR HALF TERM. PAYMENT DUE EVERY MONDAY MORNING. IF BY CHEQUE PLEASE MAKE THE CHEQUE PAYABLE TO WMDC. PARENTS CAN NOW LOOK AT THE WHOLE TERMS MENU ON OUR ABOUT US TAB ON OUR WEB PAGE IN THE HEALTHY SCHOOLS TAB.
THERE WILL BE NO CODING CLUB UNTIL AFTER THE EASTER HOLIDAYS MRS TWIDDY 19.3.15
Please could parents donate any school uniform your child has outgrown into school for spares. Could anyone who has had spares please return them into school.
Parent Working Party meeting notes from 2 October 2014 are available to read on the Parental Engagement tab at the top of the page.
PLEASE CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR AND OUR LATEST NEWS LINK FOR ANY UPDATES.
Parking and dropping children off outside school
The local police did a spot check on Southdale Road regarding parking infringements. As a result, 3 parking fines were issued. We have been asked by West Yorkshire Police to remind you of the following information, taken directly from the Highway Code:
• DO NOT park opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of Southdale Road/Southdale Gardens junction, except in an authorised parking space
• DO NOT park opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of Southdale Road/Belgrave Street junction, except in an authorised parking space
• You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs
• You MUST NOT wait or park, or stop to set down and pick up passengers, on school entrance markings
• It is safer for your passengers (especially children) to get out of the vehicle on the side next to the kerb
• DO NOT stop or park in front of an entrance to a property
West Yorkshire Police have advised us that they will be conducting regular spot checks and WILL enforce any illegal parking. Please can I ask for your co-operation in making sure that the children who attend our school are delivered and collected from Southdale as safely as possible.
With kind regards, Mrs Eccles
Our texting service is now in use please ensure mobile numbers are correct.
In January, the Ofsted Report on our recent inspection was published on their website www.ofsted.gov.uk. To read the full report please go to the green box named current letters below it makes wonderful reading about your children and the whole school family.