15 July 2014
SANDIE AND MISS SAMPSON
would like to invite you to
SOUTHDALE ART GALLERY
Art Work Across the Years…….
After Parents Special Mentions
on Thursday Morning
(in the small hall)
SOUTHDALE WIN AGAIN
Well done to the whole team for two fantastic
performances in the 6 a side tournament to Ossett Academy
SOUTHDALE 11 GAWTHORPE 1
SOUTHDALE 8 SOUTHPARADE 0
SCHOOL SPORTS FUNDING
Year 2013-14 school sports funding was used to provide Sports Coaching from
Daniel Paterson £525
and a new climbing wall to be installed over the summer holidays £5,200
PLEASE CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR ANY UPDATES
Y5 & Y6 Contemporary Dance Club
Due to exam commitments with the student teachers from Leeds Metropolitan University who have been leading the contemporary dance club, there will be no further sessions this term.
With very kind regards
THERE WILL BE NO NETBALL THIS HALF TERM
Due to recent low attendance and Parents evenings next week , I have decided to stop Year 5/6 Football Club.
We will of course be playing any outstanding league and friendly matches. I trust this will not inconvenience you.
With thanks Mr Turner
GUITAR CLUB WEDNESDAY 3.30PM – 4.30PM
SPORTS CLUB WEDNESDAY 3.30PM – 4.30PM
CREATIVE ARTS CLUB ON MONDAYS 3.30 TO 4.30 FROM 10 MARCH BY INVITATION ONLY.
Friday Contemporary Dance Club.
Parking and dropping children off outside school
On Monday 3 March, the local police did a spot check on Southdale Road regarding parking infringements. As a result, 3 parking fines were issued. We have been asked by West Yorkshire Police to remind you of the following information, taken directly from the Highway Code:
• DO NOT park opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of Southdale Road/Southdale Gardens junction, except in an authorised parking space
• DO NOT park opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of Southdale Road/Belgrave Street junction, except in an authorised parking space
• You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs
• You MUST NOT wait or park, or stop to set down and pick up passengers, on school entrance markings
• It is safer for your passengers (especially children) to get out of the vehicle on the side next to the kerb
• DO NOT stop or park in front of an entrance to a property
West Yorkshire Police have advised us that they will be conducting regular spot checks and WILL enforce any illegal parking. Please can I ask for your co-operation in making sure that the children who attend our school are delivered and collected from Southdale as safely as possible.
With kind regards, Mrs Eccles
Our texting service is now in use please ensure mobile numbers are correct.
In January, the Ofsted Report on our recent inspection was published on their website www.ofsted.gov.uk. To read the full report please go to the green box named current letters below it makes wonderful reading about your children and the whole school family.